MDL aim to deliver an outstanding service but understand that sometimes things don’t always go right. We would therefore value your feedback so we can look into and improve our services.
You can forward feedback to email@example.com or by letter to; Client Care Team, Mobile Doctors, The Courtyard, Unit 4, The Courtyard, Calvin St, Bolton BL1 8PB.
Alternatively, please call 0344 567 1111, lines are open 9.00 am to 5:00 pm Monday to Friday.
All expressions of dissatisfaction will be dealt with by our dedicated Client Care Team. MDL will strive to acknowledge all within communications within 24 hours and provide a full and satisfactory response within 20 working days.
Purpose, scope and users
The purpose of this document is to ensure consistent and appropriate response to resolve complaints across Mobile Doctors Limited (MDL) in line with business and external MedCo/AMRO standards.
Users of this document are all employees, temporary and third party staff working for and on behalf of MDL business.
Complaint – A complaint is defined as any expression of dissatisfaction, whether oral or written, whether justified or not, from or on behalf of an eligible complainant about the firm’s provision of, or failure to provide, a medico-legal report.
Enquiry – An act of asking for information.
Complaint Management Procedure
- Complaints are received into the business via various methods EG; Letter, verbally, the website or email.
- Complaint details will either be collated by the receiver and forwarded to the Client Care team at ClientCare@mobiledoctors.co.uk or received directly to this email address.
- MDL will aim to acknowledge all complaints within 24 hours of receipt.
- All complaints will be logged in a central location.
- MDL will aim to provide a response to the complaint outlining a resolution within 20 business days.*
- In the event that the complainant is not satisfied with the response provided, the complaint will be escalated to the Client Care team manager. MDL will aim to respond with an agreed final resolution within a further 5 business days.
- In the event that the complainant is still not satisfied with the response provided, the complaint will be escalated to the relevant Head of Department. MDL will aim to respond with an agreed final resolution within a further 5 business days.
*Note – 20 working days is the agreed SLA for MedCo complaints only, Non MedCo SLA’s are to be agreed separately.
MDL Principals of Complaint Handling
MDL is committed to providing a dedicated service and welcomes any feedback received into the business. MDL reviews the types of complaints as well as the root cause during the analysis phase, so mitigating actions can implemented. Our Complaints process is carried out to the highest standards and has been created in-line with the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman Principals of Good Complaint Handling.
1. Getting it right
MDL is committed to delivering a transparent, responsible and accountable service, especially in terms of complaints. We welcome feedback as it allows us to improve our service.
2. Being customer focused
Our complaint handling process is simple and accessible to all via the MDL website. Complaints are dealt with promptly and in-line with the Service Level Agreements. We treat complainants fairly, sensitively and communicate clearly.
3. Being open and accountable
MDL handles complaints with honesty, transparency and explanations provided are evidence-based.
4. Acting fairly and proportionately
MDL understands and respects the diversity of claimants, instructing parties, medical experts and other affiliates. Complaints are investigated thoroughly and fairly and decisions made are based on the facts and evidence available. We treat colleagues who have received a complaint about them specifically fairly, ensuring they also have an opportunity to respond.
5. Putting things right
In the event that a complaints investigation identifies that MDL are at fault, an acknowledgement of responsibility, apology and explanation will be provided to the complainant. Remedial action will be taken in order to mitigate future occurrences, and compensation may be awarded to the claimant in specific scenarios.
6. Seeking continuous improvement
MDL’s Senior Management Team reviews complaint statistics on a monthly basis. Any causes for concerns are addressed and mitigating actions are implemented.